22 Sep 2021
Ensuring compliance with legislation in regard to worker health protection
At the IOM3’s European Electric Steelmaking Conference Tina Conroy used her experience in the steel industry and as an expert witness to discuss how companies can ensure compliance with legislation in regard to worker health protection.
The presentation slides can be found here. The main topics included:
- The health effects from exposure to metal fumes
- The benefits of good exposure control – moral, financial, legal
- Risk assessments and COSHH Regulation 6
- Prevention and control of exposure and COSHH Regulation 7 and 8
- Workplace Exposure Limits (WELs)
- The hierarchy of control
- Provision of information, instruction and trainings and COSHH Regulation 12
- How to demonstrate compliance
Please get in touch if you would like to learn more about how Pragma can help you to demonstrate compliance with legislation and keep your workforce healthy and safe.